Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bandwagon

So I've finally jumped on the bandwagon of writing blogs and whatnot.

I suppose that after lurking and wandering the internet I've found myself needing to write without subjecting myself to netspeak 24/7. So here I find myself writing and writing about nothing in particular. Rather than simply go on and on about nothing, let's do the typical introductory post etc. etc.

The name's Indicative, got it memorized? (Oh heaven help me I did just do that)

First off, my current obsession involves Megaten, an online game based off of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise. It's developed by Cave and the version I play is essentially ran/published by Aeria.

I picked it up back in January and played on and off for about a month. Due to my computer being fairly crap at the time as well as the friends I played it with had gotten bored, I took my leave as well. I picked up Megaten around June with a new computer and started playing it again. Needless to say it was a much better experience since I didn't have to turn it down to shit graphics.

Let's see... I clan hopped quite a bit before I found my roots.

No Clan --> Nephilim --> CruXis --> FOXHOUND --> Eos --> Rain --> Rain & Destiny

No clan wasn't bad since I ended up meeting some fairly friendly faces in comparison to my first time playing back in January.
Nephilim was this random clan I made out of boredom.
CruXis was a slightly inactive clan but I made a few friends there who poofed sometime later.
FOXHOUND was a bit too... family-ish. Just felt really odd being in that clan.
Eos was fairly fun and active as well.
Rain was the clan I ended up taking root in and am still in. From July till now I'm in the clan and became the submaster once we actually opened it up to recruits.
Destiny was a clan I decided to join when I felt like I needed a break from Rain. Now I'm not saying it's like an emergency clan from Rain or anything. It's a really fun clan and I get to see the different personalities between it and Rain.

Honestly, I wouldn't have played this game as long as I would have if I had never wandered around and found Clan Rain's blog and ended up meeting Rho and later Pearz. I learned almost everything from both of them and with this wealth of knowledge I've enjoyed the game a lot more since then.

Present-day.

I've made a number of characters on the same account -- let's take a quick browse:
Indicative
Level: 80
Class: Regal (Retaliation with Aeria's version)/Curser/Enhancer
Clan: Rain
Note(s): This was my first character ever. Initially it was a massively fail melee with expertise spread haphazardly all over the place. Med science, destruction magic, counter, guard, spin, rush, attack, etc. This char has quite a bit of history to it and it's essentially what I spent most of my Megaten life on. I was too lazy to look on the forums and whatnot for information as to how to improve my build and such. I was a Failee (Melee + Fail?).

It wasn't until I was looking for someone who made reviews for FCs that I happened upon Clan Rain's blog (Google ftw) and got bored and PM'd Rho in-game because she seemed more friendly than the rest. Then she got me into PvP which raped my dura and I had this Gae Bolg obsession. Eventually I ended up joining Rain and being converted to her mule/enhancer. QQ

Symbolic
Level: 8
Class: Mule
Clan: Rain
Note(s): Holds mah DCMz

YokuMinagoroshi
Level: 21
Class: Mule/DD?
Clan: Rain
Note(s): Holds random crap.

apRHOcot
Level: 4
Class: Mule
Clan: Rain
Note(s): Holds Runestones.

Indi`N`Chiru
Level: 77
Class: Regal Melee/Enhancer
Clan: Rain
Note(s): Name came from In`N`Out Burger and Chirugai's name being fused with mine. It's lightly funny because she's a Vegan lulz.

Yummy`Pearz
Level: 10
Class: Mule
Clan: Rain
Note(s): Holds random clothes?

Conceit
Level: 3
Class: Mule
Clan: None
Note(s): Holds idk?

Anti`Pearz
Level: 22
Class: Mule/Talker/Enhancer/Shot?
Clan: Rain
Note(s): I've been meaning to raise this up but it turned into a mule D: . My plan for this was to make a character whose focus was purely on demons.

Egotistical
Level: 3
Class: Mule
Clan: None
Note(s): Holds stuff.

Mariko`Tsubaki
Level: 21
Class: Crit Rapid or Melee/Rapid (not sure yet ftl)
Clan: Destiny
Note(s): Other than being a rapid, I have no plans set in stone for this char.

And there you go -- a brief introduction of Indicative.

Final note: The blog url is an L not an I. Someone took Indicative already QQ. Also, it's sort of to poke a jab at another player named lnstict who chose to use an L than an I. rofl

3 comments: