Friday, December 11, 2009

My Soul D:

So I finally got my flashcart in for the DSi I got on Black Friday the other day (Yay!).


So I downloaded a few games just to make sure the R4DSi SDHC was working. Among those were Kingdom Hearts (the one with the numbers and the / and more numbers), Castlevania Order of Ecclesia and Scribblenauts.


Alright, Kingdom Hearts just seemed disgustingly boring to me. The first number of days are full of bore and you get like nothing but tutorials. The set up felt really slow and it didn't even feel like it was worth your time. Needless to say, I ended up getting past that boring part. \o/


Now I'm addicted.


I actually DID have some urge to grind to 30 on Alice Server in Grand Fantasia, but that was overridden when I wanted to see EmoRoxas get progressively darker and... happier? Well it's Kingdom Hearts and the more they've advanced the storyline the darker it gets. This installmentof Kingdom Hearts is actually pretty fun. Camera Movement is pretty bad if you're too used to auto lock-on because the enemies pretty much have to remain on your field of vision to target them. It's... realistic I guess? But it gets a bit annoying because your Allies' AI is subpar at best and in my opinion nothing compared to the actual KH Games. Aside from that, the battle system itself is very similar to the PS2 variants and it's actually pretty smooth. The loading times between screens are very minimal and such.


Also, the Panel System in that game is pretty nice. It grows pending what you do and the stronger the skills, the more space they take up. It's like those old MMOs with limited inventory and you have to maximize your space or QQ hard.


So I set it down for a bit and tried to get back on Grand Fantasia but i just couldn't do it. So in an attempt to kick the addicting game out... I downloaded Scribblenauts.


Bloody hell that game is hilarious as shit. You can spawn pretty much anything. From Tanks, to Miniguns, Cats, and hell even a Rick Roll, it's pretty fun. There was one stage where you have to reunite this girl with her cat who's stuck on the roof of  house. So what would you do? Spawn a ladder, pick it up, then bring it back down? That's boring, so screw that. Spawn another cat, give it to the kid, and watch the runaway cat go "GTFO MAH OWNER BITCH" and leap off and shove the spawned cat out of the way.


So it was fun for like all of ten minutes and I was playing it at the same time I was downloading Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. 


I loved Order of Ecclesia when I had my old DSlite and I still love it now. The Glyph system is really interesting and the gameplay is a bit more challenging in comparison to the Castlevania games in the post-SotN era. I never actually did get around to beating it back on my DSlite and I ended up rage quitting after one stage. So I decided to give this game another shot. It's been pretty fun so far and I won't lie -- I'm still in love with the Glyph System. It was a nice change of pace from the oldnew GBA and DS Castlevania Games. I'm excluding Soma's little arc especially the remake when they had this horrendous character artist.


All in all, I got back into handheld console gaming for a bit yesterday and got totally hooked. I barely got online to even chat that much at all because it got so bad. >>;

No comments:

Post a Comment